The Future of Membership
Young professionals are not sticking around
Young professionals join professional associations less often and engage less deeply. These trends are well-established and consistent across all professions.
Association leaders can be tempted to believe, "When they grow up, they'll realize how important the association is, and do the right thing and join." But all of our research and years of evidence say this isn't going to happen.
We need to reimagine membership to meet the needs, context, and expectations of young professionals.
Purpose and goals
- Clarify macro trends and unique circumstances
- Sharpen your point of view
- Explore proven methods from innovation for breaking down and solving complex challenges
- Learn from leading Millennial & GenZ researchers
- Engage with leaders of membership orgs succeeding with young professionals
- Dialogue with other forward-thinking, specialized leaders of membership in professional associations
- Tap into the learnings, ideas, and successes of others
Understanding What Young Professionals Need
Creating New Value Propositions and Products with Young Professionals
Planning for the Future: Next Steps for Your Team & Organization
Cost & details
- All sessions
- Private Slack community
- Remote session recordings
- All cohort materials, including Highland's guides for Jobs-To-Be-Done research and co-creation with young professionals